We have teamed up VoteRunLead for the #RunAsYouAre2019: National Training, in partnership with Facebook and WeWork.
The #RunAsYouAre2019 National Training will be VoteRunLead’s largest one-day training ever. This day-long event includes the signature #RunAsYouAre Candidate Training workshop and an opportunity for women from 20 cities around the country to gather in-person with VoteRunLead certified trainers.
And the best part? We have a discount code for $10 tickets for the Chicago event!
Use code IDW and secure your spot in Chicago on Saturday, May 18th. Registration starts at 10:30 am and the program is from 11:00 am-5:00 pm. It takes place at WeWork at 20 W. Kinzie in Chicago.
Here’s what you will get at #RunAsYouAre2019:
– A deep dive into what makes you uniquely qualified and hard skills on how to use the power of storytelling to show that you are the best candidate for the job
– A network of women in the area who are ready to support your leadership
– A “kick-start plan” with 30 actions for you to make it happen, no matter what your level of readiness
– 1,000 women around the country at your fingertips in the new VoteRunLead Slack channel being launched that same day
– A follow-up program with coaches to help you whether you are running right now, have more of a five-year plan, or want to help other women run
– Resources on what office to run for (Did you know there are 519,682 offices in America?!)
You’ll also hear from VoteRunLead alums and current elected officials State Rep. Joyce Mason and Skokie School Board Member Bushra Amiwala (who is also the youngest Muslim to be elected to public office in the US!).
And, a light breakfast and lunch will be served.
If a group of women would like to attend the event but need travel assistance (outside of Chicago), please reach out to the Chicago organizer (and former IDW VP!) Jamie Crain at JamieLCrain@gmail.com.
VoteRunLead trains women to run for office. And win. VoteRunLead is the largest and most diverse women’s campaign training organization in the country. To date, VoteRunLead has trained more than 33,000 women to run for office. At VoteRunLead we believe women can #RunAsYouAre now, regardless of previous political experience. We believe women already have the life experience, talent and capacity to run for office. We believe if you have a passion to serve, you can run for office and win. VoteRunLead centers women of color, with 60% alumnae of color, and is the only organization working in America’s heartland with a Rural Women’s Initiative.