What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year!
Grab your best pals and come celebrate LADIES! I’ve rounded up more than two dozen of Chicago’s best female-identifying artists to create a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. We’ve got drink specials, arcade games, pool tables, a photo booth, tons of local businesses to shop from, and the best part?
ADMISSION IS FREE! PLEASE BRING A DONATION OF PADS, TAMPONS, OR OTHER PRODUCTS FOR CHICAGO PERIOD PROJECT.
Of course, this is a 100% inclusive event and all adults aged 21+ are 100% welcome regardless of gender identity! If you’ve never heard the phrase “Galentine’s Day” (or if you’ve heard it but don’t know what it is) you should probably just go ahead and watch the show Parks & Recreation in its entirety.
We are accepting NEW UNDERWEAR, pads, tampons, and other menstrual supplies for the whopping 29% of Chicago’s population who are currently living below the poverty line. These products will be distributed through shelters, schools, and other public programming. Find out more at www.chicagoperiodproject.org.
VENDOR APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. If you missed the application deadline and would like to be considered for other events in the coming year, have no fear. You may sign up for my mailing list at www.mickeyalicekwapis.com or follow @mickeyalicekwapis on Instagram to receive application notifications for upcoming events. ~~~~Please DO NOT contact Chicago Period Project or Emporium about vendor questions, thank you in advance!~~~~
We DO need volunteers, so if you are available to help out for the duration of the event, starting with set-up at 4 pm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is at Emporium Logan Square and open to all adults aged 21 and up from 6 pm until 11 pm on Friday, February 13th, 2020.
- Mickey Alice Kwapis (organizer) — www.mickeyalicekwapis.com please DO contact me if you have questions about the event
- Chicago Period Project (beneficiary) — www.chicagoperiodproject.org please DO NOT contact them with questions about the event
- Twinette Poterie — www.twinettepoterie.com
- Powers Handcrafted Jewelry — www.powershandcrafted.com
- Anna Montagne — www.annamontagne.etsy.com
- Verdant Matter — www.instagram.com/verdant_matter
- Girl Fawkes Pins — www.etsy.com/shop/GirlFawkesPins
- Night Eyes Leather — www.etsy.com/shop/NightEyesLeather
- J Woska Custom Chainstitch — www.instagram.com/jwoska
- Rebeca Soto — www.rebecasoto.com
- Vintage Royalty — www.instagram.com/vintageroyalty
- The Fox Club — www.instagram.com/thefoxclubchicago
- Elvis & Myrtle — www.etsy.com/shop/elvisandmyrtle
- Amar&Riley — www.amarriley.com
- Esther Y. Kim — www.peahappy.com
- Ashley Bedore Illustration — www.ashleybedore.com
- Minima-Maxima — www.minima-maxima.com
- Mojo Owl — www.mojoowl.com
- Emily Owen Artist — emilyowenartist.etsy.com
- Rhymes with Twee — www.rhymeswithtwee.com
- Rachel Rene Illustration — www.rachelrillustration.com
- Ephie Tealeaf Tarot — www.instagram.com/ephie.tealeaf
- Sarah Hamburger — www.instagram/com/hamburgrl
Don’t forget a tote bag for all of the cool stuff you’re sure to find! Most, if not all, vendors accept credit cards but it’s a good idea to have cash on hand just in case! See you there!
PLEASE SHARE WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN! More attendees = more donations for people in need! 21+ only, as Emporium is a bar. IDs will be checked at the door.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? 21+ only
What can I bring into the event? No outside food or drinks. We suggest you bring a shopping bag, cash, and/or credit cards along with your donation for Chicago Period Project!
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Nope, this event page was made just to spread the word. You don’t need a printed or digital ticket because this event is open to everyone 21+!
Can I be a vendor? In short, no. I try to stay as organized as possible and adding extra vendors after the flyer and floor plan are finalized makes my job very difficult. If you missed the application deadline you are strongly encouraged to join my mailing list at www.mickeyalicekwapis.com to be notified about applications for next year’s event. Thank you for your interest!