September 6th is the 159th anniversary of the birth of Jane Addams, who, along with her friend Ida B. Wells, was a leading Chicago-based advocate for womens’ rights, civil rights, and women’s suffrage. As the US launches its celebration of the passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, granting women suffrage, we thought it fitting and timely to discuss their advocacy on the occasion of this birthday. Join YWCA Chicago CEO Dorri and author and speak Rebecca Sive in the discussion to inspire, motivate, and organize for 2020− when we may have the opportunity to elect our first woman POTUS.
- This event has passed.
Facebook Live – After Suffrage: What’s Next?
September 06 2019
|Time:||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Event Tags:||WMC Organizing Partners|
|Website:||Visit Event Website|
YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago1 N LaSalle St, Ste 1150
Chicago, IL 60602
|YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago|
|Website:||Visit Organizer Website|
- Stand Up for Education Justice Rally and March October 14 @ 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- ResignBrannigan: We will not be silenced! – Palos Hills October 14 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Fund Peace for Chicago Rally October 14 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Cheers4Choice October 14 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- WTF!? Songs And Stories For These Outrageous Times October 14 @ 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM