In January of 2001, Colleen Connell became the first woman attorney to lead the ACLU of Illinois . As Executive Director, Connell has expanded the organization’s legislative and communications programs, as well as presided over an ambitious expansion of the organization’s national security and informational privacy docket, and an expansion of the ACLU of Illinois’ institutional reform litigation, with active cases challenging conditions in state facilities or state subsidized facilities for children, the mentally ill, the developmentally disabled, the physically disabled, and people detained at correctional facilities.
- This event has passed.
Colleen Connell, American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois
September 17 2019
|Time:||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM|
|Event Categories:||Luncheon, Reception|
|Event Tags:||WMC Organizing Partners|
|Website:||Visit Event Website|
City Club of Chicago At Maggiano’s Banquets111 W. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654
|ACLU of Illinois|
|Website:||Visit Organizer Website|
|City Club of Chicago|
- Stand Up for Education Justice Rally and March October 14 @ 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- ResignBrannigan: We will not be silenced! – Palos Hills October 14 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Fund Peace for Chicago Rally October 14 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Cheers4Choice October 14 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- WTF!? Songs And Stories For These Outrageous Times October 14 @ 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM