Since his election in 2016, President Trump has consistently pursued immigration reform through non-traditional means. Through executive order, President Trump has authorized the expansion of immigration detention centers, limited access to asylum for immigrants, and attempted to construct the famed border wall. Additionally, through the travel ban and family separation, President Trump has acted on his key campaign promise of restricting immigration.
Please join us as the IOP welcomes New York Times Washington reporters Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Michael D. Shear for a behind-the-scenes look at how the White House created and implemented these policies, as detailed in their book, Border Wars: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- This event is free and open to UChicago students, faculty, staff and the public. If you cannot attend, please cancel your ticket order.
- Registration is required. Tickets are general admission and registration does not guarantee a seat.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the event begins. Any unclaimed seats will be released 10 minutes before the event begins.
- If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of this venue, please email Christine Hurley, Director of Production & Special Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.